Rockstar had originally announced that they expected GTAV to be released in Spring 2013, speaking about the delay, Rockstar said on their official blog:
“We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.
To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.”
Still, it’s good news that a concrete release date has now been set, I’m sure gamers across the world are booking holiday as I type.
- Grand Theft Auto V gets a release date of Spring 2013
- Grand Theft Auto V: Michael, Franklin & Trevor trailers
- Grand Theft Auto V – Trailer #2
- Grand Theft Auto III & Vice City coming to PS3?
- Brand spanking new Grand Theft Auto V screenshots